- Product Management
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, 401(k), PTO, Paid Holidays
Verbatim Americas seeks a Product Development Associate to assist in the developmentof data storage, accessory and other products to be marketed by the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the development of new products for the data storage, computer peripheral and other industries by observing market trends and anticipating customer needs.
- Works with global product development partners throughout the creation process from concept to final release
- Develop technical competency on the manufacturing and design specifications for products being developed as well as solving application and problems in conjunction with development, manufacturing and quality engineers
- Work with product management to develop, define and communicate features and benefits of products under development.
- Analyze competitive product features and benefits and competitors' market direction.
- Assist in the design of differentiated products to complement existing product lines.
- Co-ordinate with global product management team in the development and release of products to the Americas market
- Recommend, in conjunction with product management, marketing activities for a specific product line.
- Carry out market research, evaluate sales performance and assist in the formulation of long-range plans, goals and objectives to develop optimum distribution policies and practices for the product.
- Serve as a contact to the sales force and trade marketing to coordinate sales and related activities, advertising and public relations to achieve market objectives.
- Review press releases and white papers as assigned by product management.
- Assist in coordinating and making recommendations related to pricing strategy.
- Work with product management in the development of business cases for market strategy, product extensions and development of new products including financial and operational impacts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree in engineering or related area and one to two years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in the computer peripheral products industry is preferred.
- Technical Skills: Ability to understand the basic technical features of each of our products, how they work, and what they are used for by our customers/consumers.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. Theemployee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Please go to http://verbatim.applicantpro.com/jobs/ to apply.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS. We thank all applicants, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Verbatim is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!